Método de Preparación
1. Season steak with salt and pepper, pressing pepper into steak
2. In a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil. Add steak and sear until crusty and browned, and fat is rendered, about 2 minutes. Flip and sear 2 minutes.
3. Using tongs, lift steak and press edge of steak into pan, rolling until edges are browned and rendered. Place steak flat in pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook to desired degree of doneness, 2–2½ minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and tent with foil. Pour off fat from pan, reserving fond.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with fond. Add shallots and cook, stirring often until softened, about 2 minutes.
5. Deglaze pan with wine. Simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add broth and thyme; simmer until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6.Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and gently shake pan to incorporate butter as it melts. Drizzle sauce over steak and serve.