Antes de que empieces
To achieve consistent size, use a portion scoop or a pastry bag. If using the piping method, use a pencil to trace circles on the back side of your parchment paper to be your guide.
Método de Preparación
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F on Convection Mode with racks set on positions 2 and 4.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water and butter to a boil.
3. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon and mix until the mixture forms a dough.
4. Continually stir and cook over medium low heat for 2–3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and continue to stir the mixture until it cools down and it stops steaming. The ideal temperature is 140°F, if using a thermometer.
6. By hand or in the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the eggs one at a time, beating well. Wait between each addition to make sure the egg is completely mixed in. The dough should be very smooth and glossy.
7. Mix in the cheese and herbs, then transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
8. On a parchment-lined baking tray, pipe a 2-inch gougère or use a cookie scoop.
9. Wet the tip of your finger and smooth out the tops of each gougère to remove any points.
10. Bake for approximately 20–25 minutes or until golden brown with a crisp outside.
11. Cool completely before cutting or serving.